‘Tomb 3’ had already been opened
and looted when it was discovered
by Comte Du Mesnil du Buisson
between 1924 and 29. Villagers of
Mishrife must have found it by
chance while digging a well shaft or
cesspit (in back, at right). The two
small holes at left mark the original
entrance to the tomb which was
sealed by the large rock.